Tuesday, September 20, 2005

What a beautiful day!

After spending 20 minutes convincing myself to get off of the couch, I finally managed to get myself and Bennett ready for a walk. While I love to walk, I hate going out when I have no real destination. How do you know when to stop walking? If you walk until you're tired, you still have to get home again. Just as I was opening our apartment door to leave, my friend Hillary (a fellow nurse) called. One of the nice things about nursing is that you have days off in the middle of the week. Perfect for me. So Bennett and I headed down to her new apartment at Yonge and Lawrence (a 45 minute walk that takes you down a monstrous hill, and back up an even worse one). I had lunch at Hillary's, and caught up on all of her news, as well as what I've been missing out on at work. I had planned to take the subway home, but decided that a little more exercise couldn't hurt. So I walked. I stopped in at Jean's preschool on the way home, and Bennett had a little visit with his aunt. I know that this is what I will miss the most when Mike and I move to Stouffville - being able to drop into Jean's place at any time. However, that's not for a while, so I'll enjoy the proximity while I've got it. It was a beautiful day out today, and the fresh air did wonders for my soul. I smiled the whole way home, just enjoying the sun, the trees, my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Sounds real nice, Er. I think they used to call that a constitutional. When DO you guys move to Stouffville, anyway?

- Andrew

6:13 PM

 
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

So that's where you were yesterday...this sounds like Mom's comment on my blog! - Dana

6:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home