Sunday, June 08, 2008

Bennett's Birthday

Bennett's real birthday was on Friday. As well as having a three hour nap, he was treated to bowling (for the first time) and dinner at the Mandarin. I always forget how much I love bowling, although it's really not the same game with bumpers in the gutters. Mike and I are thinking of joining a league in the fall.





Then the party was on Saturday. It was a beautiful, HOT day. We had fourteen kids of all ages. I am always amazed how nicely they play together. A lot of these kids only see each other when we get them together once or twice a year, but they chat and hang out as though they were the best of friends.
The main event at the party was a bouncy castle/slide. We rented it for the day and were very impressed by the service (and cost) of the rental company. It was a huge hit.




























The older kids did a craft in the backyard, and then tried to find the eight hidden villains. See if you can figure out which one is in this picture. Oh, sorry, that's not fair. I just checked and realized there's no way it can be seen well enough. Maybe the game should just be to see where the hidden villain is in the picture.











The hunt for villains became one kid finding them, and the rest of the kids following them around the backyard. It was cute to watch.
Kids headed in and out, alternating between bouncing and getting some relief from the heat.



















































Cake was served (a chessboard of the villains verses the princesses), and then presents were opened. Thanks to everyone for all the amazing gifts. And sorry again to Dana that you missed out on the fun.














2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No one commented on all these great pictures? It was an amazing party and all the kids seemed to have a great time. Thank goodness the weather held for you. Thanks for inviting us.

Mum and dad

5:25 AM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

I don't know about anyone else, but I just saw them. They ARE great. Benett sure likes jumping, eh?

I don't really get the part about the villains. Which picture are you talking about? The cake?

Looks like a really fun time.

- Andrew

3:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home