Sunday, August 24, 2008

Charlotte's 1st Birthday

Well, my little baby girl is one. How time flies. We had a nice party here today. The kids played, Charlotte opened presents, and we ate cake. Thanks to everyone for making it such a special day.

Ben, Charlotte and I had a blissful nap this afternoon. Ben and I slept until 5:00, and Charlotte until 6:00. So bedtime didn't happen until 10 tonight, but it was well worth it.

So what's new around here? I've just gone back to work this past week. I know it will take a while to adjust to the change, I'm just not sure I want to put in the effort. I actually don't mind going to work and having a chance to miss the kids. It's kind of nice. But I've been at my job for five years now (minus two years of maternity leave) and I think I'm ready for something new. Something closer to home. I'm just not sure what that is right now. We'll see.

The hole for our new house should be dug very soon, and we're still on track to move in January 15th. I'll keep you posted with progress.

Mike's busy with work, but the slow season is now in sight. Ben and Charlotte and I are looking forward to seeing more of him. And I know he's anxious for it too, although he still says this is his dream job (except for the long hours). So at least he's happy with work.

Other than that, it's just been a lot of trips to the zoo, and Canada's Wonderland, and playing in a purple elephant pool in the backyard, and going to the park. I feel like I don't get anything done anymore, but it's not really bothering me so much. There are only so many years when the kids will actually WANT me to play with them, so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.

































































3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to Charlotte! We were moving yesterday and we don't have a phone yet otherwise you know we would have called!!

I'm at an internet cafe right now checking the blogs etc. Talk to you real soon about everything you wrote about! Nice to hear about your lives and see some new pictures, Eri. :) Love you!

7:35 AM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Yeah, from me too, Charlotte. Things are just a little bit too hectic around here right now. Thanks for posting all those really cute photos, Er.

- Andrew

9:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see some pictures of the party. We got some good ones too. Hannah took a bunch. Will try to post some ( with Dad's help)

Mum

2:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home