Friday, October 02, 2009

Markham Fair

Ben and I both entered cakes this year at the Markham Fair. Ben's was judged solely on taste (he had to make half a chocolate cake) and mine was judged on decorations (the theme was candy cakes). I let him do all the work for his cake himself (he's a really good egg-cracker). Ben got a 5th place ribbon, and I got 1st. Yeah us!














5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go both of you. Such clever people.

Mum

7:19 AM

 
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

Yay! I love the fair & nothing beats a first place ribbon!

7:43 AM

 
Blogger Alison said...

Awesome, you guys! Eri, that cake is so cool!

5:20 AM

 
Blogger Pen & Rix Place said...

Way to go, gang!!!
When do I get my piece (of B's edible cake)?

DoD

12:28 PM

 
Blogger Bethanne Reynolds said...

Yes, hurray for both of you! Actually, Erika, I spent a few minutes scrolling through the pics to find your cake, not realizing the Smarties box WAS a cake. I feel dumb. And hurray for fairs and cake contests and appreciating beautifully decorated cakes. I can't wait to live in Canada again. Can you make one for Mahalia's first birthday? They're always so beautiful.

12:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home