Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trivia Clarification

Let me rephrase my question (and get my facts straight).

Only 3 artists/groups have ever recorded FOUR diamond albums (sold 10 million + copies) EACH. Can you name them? (One of these artists/groups has actually recorded six diamond albums).

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! 4 Diamond albums. I'll have to check my list.

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Pen & Rix Place said...

More than four - as in 5 or more?
Why, yes, I can. But I won't give it away here.
However, the top three ever (as in most sales for one album) belong to (in this order):
The Eagles - Greatest Hits 1971-75 (1976),
Michael Jackson - Thriller (1982), and
Pink Floyd - The Wall (1979)

DoD

5:27 AM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

OK, I'm gonna guess Beatles, Elvis, Madonna. Probably not right, 'cause there's nothing very surprising in there, but someone's gotta start this thing off.

Greatest hits albums seem kind of like cheating...

5:28 PM

 
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

I know one of them has to be the Beatles...not only because that seems obvious, but because I know you just got Beatles Rock Band so it's probably on your mind...we want to come play it!!
Happy Birthday, Mike!
Dana

6:39 PM

 
Blogger Alison said...

Beatles, Celine Dion, and.... Bill Cosby?

6:43 PM

 
Blogger EJ said...

The Beatles is right. And we're loving Rockband Beatles! (the kids too). One of the artists/groups sings country - Mike was watching a special about him/her/them and that's actually how this whole thing came up. If you know what country artists Mike likes, this might help.

7:59 PM

 
Blogger Alison said...

Is Shania Twain one of them?

10:32 AM

 
Blogger EJ said...

Nope, not Shania.

12:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are too honest. Check the internet. I won't tell.

Mum

2:58 PM

 
Blogger EJ said...

Alright, the three are the Beatles, Garth Brooks (who has 6 diamond albums) and Led Zepplin. Just thought it was interesting. Not who I would have guessed (well, except the Beatles).

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Huh. I'd thought of Led Zeppelin, and was trying to come up with a country act, but never would have guessed Garth. That's pretty surprising, all right.

9:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home