I went to a class for work today about diversity and cultural sensitivity. It was pretty boring and everything we talked about was pretty much common sense, however I found this video mind-blowing. Watch it if you get a chance. www.miniature-earth.com
I also really liked this quote by Hellen Keller:
I am only one,
but still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
but still I can do something;
and because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

4 Comments:
The video was really iteresting. I'd like to see them show it to school kids here who don't really understand that the things they have are not necessities.
Mum
5:39 AM
Wow, Eri. That was really an eye-opener for me.
5:51 AM
I've seen the miniature earth before, as a printed document, but it is much more hard-hitting in the video.
11:20 AM
I like how the 84% who subscribe to some organized religion leads right into the messed up ways we allow each other to live.
Eckhart Tolle makes the point that if the history of humanity were the case history of a single human being, the diagnosis would have to be "criminally insane, with a few brief lucid intervals."
6:43 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home