Florida - Part 2
Saturday morning was my half marathon. I was up around 3 am and out of the hotel by 3:30. I was in traffic by 3:50 - about 20,000 people all trying to get into Epcot at once. We had a 45 minute walk to get to the start line, and then the race began at 5:30. I ran most of the way with Paul and Jen which was really nice. And there was entertainment the whole way - marching bands, high school cheer leaders, and tonnes of Disney characters. Most of the race was through the back roads to Disney and Epcot, but we did get to run through the two parks for a bit as well, including going right through the castle. It was a fantastic run and has motivated me for another one.
After a long, hot shower and a bit of down time, we headed to the Magic Kindom. We arrived just in time for a parade.
We met up with Paul and Jen and their kids, as well as Paul's parents and aunt. We hung out there until fairly late when Paul had to get some sleep for his marathon the next morning. 



Sunday Mike went golfing with a guy he knows in Florida, so the kids and I did a little shopping and swam in the pool. When Mike got back we moved over to our second hotel, the Caribbean, which is a Disney property. It was a really nice resort with pools and beaches. It's just a shame we really didn't spend a lot of time there at all. Sunday evening we were back at the Magic Kingdom for more fun.


2 Comments:
Cool!
10:53 AM
Hey, this is great, Er! I don't know how I didn't notice that there were "new" posts up. Looks like a super fun time.
6:19 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home