Chun li has nothing on me!

I went to my first kickboxing class last night, and was a little unsure how I felt about it at first. It felt a lot like being back in school - the insecurities of not quite fitting in. Not grade school, or even high school. I loved those years. But in university I always felt like everyone else had secretly been given a guide book that wasn't available to me. Anyway, I showed up nice and early up in my street clothes. Everyone else, of course, knew enough to come already dressed and ready to go. Since there were no change rooms in the community centre, I found a bathroom stall to get ready in. Maybe I should have stayed in my jeans, because apparently shorts are no longer the apparel of choice for working out these days. Everyone was wearing those new-fangled yoga pants. However, I decided not to let it faze me, and got right into the workout along with the five other participants. It was great! Excellent exercise and a lot of fun. My butt is feeling it today.

5 Comments:
Shorts are great for working out...don't give in to the yoga pant! Love, Dana
10:25 AM
Or to the singularization of the word pants. Who is Chung Li, anyway?
- Andrew
12:18 PM
Chun Li, not Chung Li. She's from a video game called Street Fighter. Erin and I used to play a lot, and she would always be Chun Li, and I would be this guy Dhalsim who had super long spaghetti arms.
6:51 PM
How was your second kickboxing class? Spaghetti arms must look funny with boxing gloves on them. Did you knock out any yoga pantsers?
- Andrew
3:30 AM
When are you going to blog again? I miss it! Dana
5:32 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home