Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Moving time

Well, I guess I should share my news for anyone who hasn't heard it through the grapevine. Sorry, I've been meaning to post this blog for a while but keep getting sidetracked. Mike and I have sold our house and are moving in two weeks. Yikes! Mike's parents have bought a very large new home about two blocks away from where we are now, and we're going to move in with them there for about a year (they are currently selling the home they've been in for 40 years). We'll share the mortgage and share the profit when we sell that house. Mike and I are looking into buying another new home - slightly larger - to be built in a year's time. And Mike's parents will buy something a little smaller (when we all move out) Or, possibly Mike's parents will buy out our share of the home in a year and decide to stay there themselves. Do any of these sentences make sense? I'm not really sure. Anyway, the point is we're moving, but not very far away. And I'm up to my elbows in boxes. But I'm finally getting a bunch of crap thrown out that we've got stored in the basement that we've been moving around with us for years, but never use. That feels good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Wow, now that's news! Good luck with everything!

We'll need to know your new address of course - we have a belated "welcome to the world" present for Charlotte! (I'll maybe wait to send it since life's a tad hectic at the moment?)

7:55 AM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Huh? Congratulations?

- Andrew

1:52 PM

 
Blogger KC and Dana said...

CONGRATS!!!! We are very excited. We will need to get you walkie talkies so that you can find each other in that castle you are moving into....you may lose Ben for days!

6:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home