Friday, September 22, 2006

Update

Not much new here. I've just been looking after my two babies (hee hee). Bennett's got a cold and he's teething and he's been pretty demanding the past few days. It's kind of wiping me out. But Mike's on the mend which is nice. His first day home was pretty rough. He wasn't out of bed for more than 5 minutes at a time. He tried coming downstairs once but had to head straight back up. It wasn't even his shoulder that was bothering him, he just felt nauseous and dizzy and had a terrible headache. I think it was just the morphine and anesthetic wearing off. Yesterday we sat out front for a while so he could get some fresh air while Bennett played on the driveway, and we even made it in the car as far as the drug store. So hopefully each day will get a little better.

We watched the season premier of The Office last night which was very enjoyable. I did all the laughing for the two of us because Mike didn't want to hurt himself. He said he was laughing on the inside though. I could watch that show every single night of the week.

Not much else going on around here. We may have our friends Dana and K C coming over tonight with dinner since they missed out on Mike's birthday festivities. We'll see if Mike's up to it.

PS. We just got to take off Mike's bandage and here's what we're looking at. 15 staples!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Mike's feeling a bit better. I'm sure each day will show improvement. Talk to you guys on the weekend. Give Bennett a hug for me.

Mum (Nan)

8:53 AM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Blecchh! Gross, man! I hope you're doing better, Mike. That's some scary medicine.

- Andrew

6:16 PM

 
Blogger Pen & Rix Place said...

Happy Birthday, Mike. The "present" looks great. Always good to have another excuse than poorly made weapons!

We'll be out there in the snow before you know it. Get better.

DoD

2:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home