Monday, July 31, 2006

Wow, it's been a while. But here I am, back again and ready to ramble. I'm at work right now - it's 10:43pm. 8 1/2 hours to go. Not that I'm counting. I'm working on another unit tonight because they were short staffed, and my unit apparently was overstaffed (although now everyone on my unit is running around like hens in a henhouse). What a dumb expression that is. Oh well, I've got nothing better for you right now. It's always a little lonely to be sent to another unit to work, cause you don't really know the people, or where everything is kept, or what the normal routine is. Makes me feel more homesick than normal, and I'm even more conscious than usual of the minutes slowly ticking by. Anyway, enough out of this crybaby.

Mike and I were in Detroit this past weekend for our nephew Callum's baptism. The weather was hot hot hot, but we had a good time. We did some shopping on Saturday at Target - spent a little too much money, but got some great deals. It's our favourite store for over-the-border shopping.

It's now 1:41am. I got a little sidetracked. That's okay. I don't mind keeping busy.

Anyway, the baptism was Sunday at noon. It was short and sweet and was followed by lunch back at Mike's brother and sister-in-law's house. All very nice and good to have Mike's whole side of the family together. Bennett was an angel the whole weekend. No complaints for the car ride there or back or eating out at restaurants at crazy times. He's a good little trooper.

2:00am. All is well.

So what else have we been up to? Not a tonne. I went to Black Creek Pioneer Village last Thursday with Mike's sister-in-law (I'm never quite sure if that makes her my sister-in-law as well, or my sister-in-law-in-law) and her two daughters. I've been wanting to go there forever. I haven't been in probably ten years. There's a lot of new stuff for kids (and kids at heart) to do. I got to try out some stilts, and was amazed that I could still walk on them.

I've got yoga tomorrow night/tonight (Tuesday night) with Mom and Dana. Then we're going out for a wee bite of food. I'm really looking forward to it. It's a nice bit of down time and a chance to catch up with the gals.

Mike's booked for shoulder surgery September 19th. Yuck! He has six weeks of no mobility afterwards, and then at least six weeks of physio to follow. Bennett better hurry up and learn to walk. He's getting very close!

New Bennett words (for anyone who cares):
Bri Bri (said with a rolling b) - for Brian (Mike's brother)
Is - for Liz (Mike's niece)
hot (pronounced with 2 sylables)

I think that's it for now. I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow in between sleeping and watching Dora the Explorer with Bennett.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Yay! Eri's alive! Do you have any pictures of you on those stilts? Remember those super high ones Dad made me? They were cool.

Is "hot" pronounced huh-OTT or HAW-utt, or some other way I haven't thought of? Also, what's a rolling B? I think I know, but I'm not sure.

- Andrew

2:49 PM

 
Blogger EJ said...

"hot" is pronounced HAW-tuh. And when he says the "b" in "bri bri" he vibrates his lips like he's making motorcycle noises.

I was telling Mike's sister-in-law about your stilts when we were at Black Creek. They were great! You could see right in the patio doors when you were standing on them.

6:18 PM

 
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

It had been so long since I last saw you (besides tonight) that I didn't even hear that you made it to Black Creek Pioneer Village... I know you'd been dying to go. Wait a minute, what do stilts have to do with pioneers?!
Dana

6:39 PM

 
Blogger EJ said...

There was a field between buildings that had games set up for kids to try - they were all toys and games that kids at that time would have played with. There were stilts, badminton, croquet and a hoops and sticks game.

11:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home