A Family Car

Mike and I have bought a second car! And when I say bought, I really mean it. Not financed, but paid in full. So... what could we possibly afford after just buying a house? A 1990 Volvo wagon. Yes, that is correct. 1990. With 210,000km. Not bad at all - I figure we can put another 200,000 on it before we're done with it. It's in immaculate shape and the former owner was fanatical about check ups. It still needs to be certified and have it's emissions test, and the air conditioning needs some work, but it runs. We'll have Erin's husband Mike (a Volvo master mechanic) put a little time into it and get it into tiptop shape. I'm so excited to have a little more freedom with Bennett during the day.


6 Comments:
Looks as good close up as in the picture. How're the plants?
Mum
1:17 PM
Wow, that's great, Er! It must suck living in the suburbs without a car. Ugh.
It looks really cool, too — nice and boxy. I'm sick of these identical-looking rounded-corner cars. Way to go.
- Andrew
1:47 PM
The plants aren't in the ground yet, but we dug up the gardens this evening with some help from our friends Davio and Julia. We also smuggled ourselves some leftover bricks to trim our gardens. They're gonna look good!
7:16 PM
Doesn't that feel good?! Last year we bought an 86 car, in full payment too. It's great!
I read an article about Shelly's animal business last year... cool! I'm going to email Sisca right now with your blog address. If only I could convince her to start blogging too.
Your life looks so great. Excited to keep reading about it. See ya around the blogspot.
Bethanne
8:55 PM
Love that car!
-ali
3:08 AM
Congratulations on the car, Er! Can't wait to take a spin in it...maybe we could go do some donuts in the fields! Ok, just kidding.
Dana
11:50 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home