Friday, November 24, 2006

Sorry it's been so long again. Let's see, what have we been doing? We finally got the first room in the house painted - Bennett's. We did the lower half of the walls navy blue, and the top half beige. Then we put up a border with sailboats and such in between. When I say "we" painted and "we" put up border, I actually mean that Mike did all the work, and he called out instructions to me now and then, and I spilled paint on the carpet and spent the evening cleaning it up. So all the compliments can go to him - the room looks fantastic. It makes me so happy every time I step into it. I'm excited to get started on the next project - probably our bedroom. I'll post some pictures later, but I haven't taken any yet and the B-man is sleeping right now.

We're headed out for dinner tonight with another couple, and then we're all going to the One-of-a-Kind Show at the exhibition grounds. I may or may not pick up some Christmas gifts there, but it's always nice to look around anyway.

Tomorrow we're going to Niagara Falls with Erin and Mike and their two girls to stay overnight at the Great Wolf Lodge. For those who don't know it's a hotel with an indoor water park. Mike and I have been once before (without Bennett) for a sales awards dinner for his work. The water slides are great! I don't know how much of it Bennett will be able to ride on, but I'm sure he'll love it anyway.

Mike had an appointment with his surgeon yesterday and has been told not to come back - mission is accomplished. He's got three more weeks of physiotherapy, and he's good to play hockey, golf, or whatever else in a month! Yeah Mike!

I guess that's the bulk of it. Everyone have a great weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news about Mike. Way to go! Have fun at the lodge. I had a sneak preview of Ben's room and it looke great - a real nautical theme.

Mum

2:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eri. Mike and I are really looking forward to the weekend with you, Mike, and B. We haven't told the girls yet...we figure we'll just pop them in the car and head out. Can't wait to see you!!

Er2

6:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eri, it's me again. I just wanted to let you know that we had such a great time this weekend! I hope we get the chance to do something like that together again really soon. Tell Mike to practice up on his euchre too:)

Er2

4:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home