Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Untitled

When a life
so gracefully lived
is called to sail
back out to sea,

how do we
upon the shore
wave goodbye
and walk away?

I want to linger,
want to stare.
I need to know
you've journeyed well.

Has your pain
turned into joy?
Does the sunlight
sooth your skin?

I never knew
your story well.
That doesn't mean
I wasn't touched.

Your blood's in mine.
We share a past.
Nothing can change
that sacred bond.

Let your worries
all be gone.
Let the waves
wash them away.

You will forever
be remembered
with love and pride
and the deepest awe.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eri,

That's beautiful! It made me cry. I didn't know you wrote poetry.

Mum

1:28 PM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Did you really write that? No way. No way did you write that. Did you?

- Andrew

7:41 AM

 
Blogger Alison said...

Nice poem, Eri! I really like it!

-Ali

1:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really did write it. Thanks.
Eri.

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Erika, I think that poem is really great.

- Andrew

12:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home