
Sorry for the long delay in writing. Let's see.... what have we been up to? Friday night Mike and I had our friends Davio and Julia over. We're taking a trip out east with them this summer, so they came over to work out some details. We've decided to drive, rather than fly, which will save us some huge cash (especially since Julia's parents are going to lend us their van to go so we won't have to rent something big enough for the five of us). So the plan is to drive to PEI - stay overnight August 25th and 26th, then drive to a cottage on the Bay of Fundy. It's 10 minutes from both Wolfville and Kentville, and right on the ocean. I'm so excited to do some whale watching
. We'll stay there August 27th to September 1st, and then drive to Halifax for our last two nights. And then home from there. Should be a great trip. We'd love to see you And and Ali when we're in Halifax. We may take a day trip or two into the big city when we're at the cottage as well. I think it's only about an hour drive. Last night we had another couple over for dinner. A guy that Mike worked with at Golfsmith and his wife. It was a very nice time and a great dinner - thanks to Mike. He spent about 3 hours yesterday getting our barbeque from his parents' place. He had to disassemble it to get it here and then reassemble it in our garage. We still have no real backyard - it's just a pile of dirt about three feet down from our patio doors.
So, Bennett got to have leftovers for lunch today from last night's dinner. He had steak and mushrooms and absolutely loved it. He's a meat lover this boy.
We spent the afternoon at Mike's parents house with Mike's brother and our nephew Will. Now we're home for a relaxing evening in to ourselves. I think we'll go check out our local video store after dinner and rent ourselves a nice lighthearted movie. Any recommendations?

5 Comments:
Bottle Rocket! Bottle Rocket!
Am I too late for this? It feels like a Bottle Rocket day.
Or, actually, we saw most of Meet the Fockers in Cuba and it was pretty funny, I had to admit, if you liked the first one. Dustin Hoffman and Robert DeNiro played well off each other.
But it's no Bottle Rocket.
- Andrew
2:53 PM
Too late. We rented Fun With Dick and Jane. I'll let you know how it is. I just saw Meet the Fockers about a week ago and thought it was pretty funny. Better than the first one actually. The first one made me too annoyed that the girlfriend never stood up for Gaylord.
4:44 PM
Thank you for blogging! I check every day even though I talk to you every day!
Dana
6:18 PM
Fun With Dick and Jane turned out to be pretty funny. Jim Carrey is in between his goofy self and his serious self. A few crazy faces and gestures, but mostly he's a normal guy.
5:40 AM
I got all excited about that movie, and I forgot to say we can't wait to see you guys, Er!
- Andrew
9:58 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home