Our weekend

Mike and I (and Bennett of course) went to Detroit for the weekend to visit Mike's brother Brian and his wife Janine and their two kids Clare (2 1/2) and Callum (6 months). We had a relaxing time - didn't do a tonne, but got to catch up with them. Mike and I did a little shopping and got a new car seat for Bennett. His infant seat is way too small, and we really have to wrestle him into it. So now he'll be able to face forward in the car - I'm sure he's going to love it. Brian showed me these c
astles that he's building out of plaster of paris. You make the individual bricks from a mold, and then piece them together and build whatever you like. I think I'd like to try it out. We also got to watch some of the olympics. Hockey mostly, but we also saw Canada get the silver in the 2 men bobsledding. Clare absolutely loved Bennett and wanted to watch while he had his diaper changed and while he ate, and pretty much everything else. She's a sweet little girl, and very smart. But she's also 2 and has her moments. She was asking Janine to get her a cup of juice. Janine said, "What's the magic word?" Clare replied, "Do it!" How do you not laugh at that? -> me and the boys (all looking a little stunned).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home