Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Our trip to the hospital

Mike called me last night at 6:30 to say that he had broken broken/separated his shoulder? playing hockey - with one minute left in the game to boot. After 3 hours spent in the hospital and a lot of excrutiating pain (for Mike, not me) we found out he has torn ligaments in his shoulder (what they call a separated AC joint). Bummer! And there's not much to be done for it except keep it in a sling for 7-10 days, and then we're back in to the hospital to have it checked out again. The doctor wasn't even going to offer any type of pain relief. He was hurrying back out the door when Mike explained to him that he was in much worse pain than he's ever been (including when he's had broken bones). So we got a measly 15 tylenol 3's which should last him until late tonight. Mike's off work for a couple of days and then I may have to start driving him in for a while. Poor Mike. I must say he's a very tolerant patient though. I heard no cursing from the backseat last night as I was driving through potholes.

3 Comments:

Blogger St. Louis Family said...

Yikes! Dana told me about it today Mike. Hope you aren't feeling too bad, and take it easy -let's hope Ben doesn't get bigger anytime soon... - J

6:33 PM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Hey Mike and Eri! I hope you guys are doing okay and Mike is not in too much pain. Poor guy! Take care, love Ali :) xoxo

7:16 PM

 
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

Poor Mike!
Hope you feel better soon.
- Dana

8:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home