Bennett's Birthday Party
There are no pictures to go with this blog - sorry. I'm at work right now, so I'll put pictures on later. It's 11:26 pm for anyone who is keeping track. I'm not sure what time the computer says, but I'm right and it's wrong if there are ever any discrepencies. So there.
Bennett's party yesterday was a great success. We had 32 people in our townhouse, and although it was crowded, it wasn't uncomfortable (well, not for me anyway - I can't speak for the other 31 people). There were 10 kids in total, the oldest one being Hannah St. Louis (7 and 3 months) and the youngest being Mike and my nephew Callum MacDonald (9 months). The kids were all so unbelievably well behaved. They all played so nicely together - even the ones who had never met. We had the typical birthday feast of bbq'd hot dogs and hamburgers. They were a little slow in coming as our bbq can't do that many at a time. Everyone was extremely patient, and let the kids eat first. Lunch ended up taking about 2 hours (of the 3-hour party) and then we crammed cake and ice-cream and present opening into the last hour. I made Bennett an Elmo cake as well as cupcakes that spelled out Happy Birthday Bennett. They turned out very well (if I do say so myself - and I do!). I've got a good picture that I'll put on when I get a chance. Bennett got a tonne of amazing gifts. It was a little overwhelming for him, but he got a chance to truly appreciate his gifts today. I set up his picnic table that Dana and Jason and the kids gave him in the house today, and he was pushing it all over the kitchen and living room. It makes a great walker. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful presents and for making the party so memorable.

11 Comments:
"the youngest being Mike and my nephew..."
Good one!
I'm glad it was such a nice birthday for Bennett. He looked like he was having a pretty good time in the pictures on Blog-St-Louis.
- Andrew
5:13 AM
I thought the same thing. How could Mike be the youngest? Sorry Er, you're probably tired.
See you maybe on the weekend.
Mum
6:26 PM
It's a joke, isn't it? I thought it was pretty clever.
- Andrew
5:48 AM
I think it's supposed to mean the nephew of Mike & Erika...it seems that everyone else took it a different way!
Dana
8:45 AM
Oh, of course! Sorry, Er. Uh, sorry, Mike. Heh.
- Andrew
10:06 AM
I don't know if I'm getting reprimanded for my poor grammer, or complimented on a joke that I didn't make and still don't full understand. I did in fact mean that the youngest person there was my nephew Callum. He is also Mike's nephew. Please excuse the confusion.
6:05 PM
I just thought you were counting Mike among the kids. Then when you went on about how they all played together really nicely, I thought it was a pretty cute image. This is why reading is better than watching TV. I can make up a whole story of my own over here.
- Andrew
9:23 AM
I just thought you were counting Mike among the kids. Then when you went on about how they all played together really nicely, I thought it was a pretty cute image. This is why reading is better than watching TV. I can make up a whole story of my own over here.
- Andrew
9:24 AM
By the way, Er, I accidentally typed your blog address wrong yesterday, and this weird Christian studies website came up instead. It was at "iwannabeacoolkid.blogpot.com", but today it seems to have vanished. Weird.
- Andrew
9:29 AM
Also, sorry about the double comment post. Blogger was acting really kooky that day.
- Andrew
11:33 AM
Wow, you win for most comments on one blog entry!
5:15 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home