Busy bees
Mike and I had a good, busy weekend. Well, our weekend kind of started Thursday night. Dana came over and babysat Bennett while we went out to see The DaVinci Code. We both really enjoyed the movie. I had read the book and Mike had not. Mike didn't feel like he needed to read the book at all to follow the movie, and I didn't feel bored because I already knew what was going to happen. Thanks again Dana for watching B. We had a great night out.
Friday night Mike's sister Jean watched Bennett, and Mike and I played 9 holes of golf with Mom and Dad. It was tonnes of fun! I can't wait to get out again. It was only my second time playing, so I expected to be a lot worse than I was. Not a bad surprise at all. I'm no Tiger Woods, but with a little practice.... The four of us went out to a local pub afterwards for dinner and drinks. Mike and I had been wanting to check out this pub since we moved in, cause it's right up the street from us. It's a really nice place - restaurant, bar and patio all in one. We'll definitely go back.
Saturday we headed to Golfsmith so Mike could pick up some golf parts for a set of clubs he's making for a guy he works with. We also bought some new grips for my clubs so Mike can re-grip them. Black and pink - too girly? Then we headed by Mike's folks for a visit, and then hope for a nap for all three of us. After dinner we met Dana and Jason and the kids at a Markham festival for about an hour. The kids (minus Bennett) each rode on a couple of rides. I rode on a spinning strawberry with Hannah. Very fun, and only mildly sickening. Dana braved the ferris wheel with Henry. That is about the only ride that I just cannot stomach.
And today was father's day. Mike went out to the driving range this morning with a couple of friends. Then we had lunch at Mom and Dad's and dinner at East Side Mario's with Mike's family. It was great to get together with both families . Sorry you couldn't be here And and Ali. You were missed.
And now, it is nearly time to crash. Gotta get some sleep to prepare for the week to come.

1 Comments:
Golf! Wow, good for you, Er. I guess even Tiger Woods is no Tiger Woods these days.
Sounds like good times all around. Wish we could have been there too. Happy Father's Day to all the dads.
- Andrew
5:33 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home