The zoo

Mike played his last golf game of the season yesterday (I can't believe how lucky we've been with the weather!) so Bennett and I took a short trip to the zoo. I love having these zoo passes, cause it means I don't feel like I have to spend an entire day there when I go. We decided to just go to the Canadian domain. It usually gets missed when we go to the zoo because it's a very long, hilly walk and there are usually more exciting animals to be seen. But really, we've got some pretty cool animals here in Canada. We saw a moose and a couple of bald eagles and two grizzly bears. But the real treat was the arctic wolves. I don't think I've ever actually seen them. They're usually hiding in the trees. But a lot of leaves have fallen and it was fairly cool and grey out, so they were all just lying around looking pretty content. They looked like less naive, more street-smart versions of Nikki. Really cute.

2 Comments:
So, what makes you think that was Mike's last golf game of the year?
DoD
10:01 AM
The first thing I said when I saw this post was, "Hey, that looks like Nikki!" I like the street-smart comment.
Zoo passes sound like a pretty cool thing to have. Is the zoo open at all in the winter? It's such a crazy psychedelic medieval idea having a bunch of exotic animals in the middle of the city for people to look at. I sure would miss them if some politically correct person decided they weren't a good idea anymore. Even though we don't even have one here.
- Andrew
5:05 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home