
Bennett and I are having a quiet day inside today. After breakfast, Bennett had a bath, and then we played for about an hour before it was naptime. The toys (including some Peek-a-Blocks)were scattered all over his room. We were having a bit of snuggle time with a giant eeyore who talks. The rest of the house was very quiet, until I heard one of the Peek-a-Blocks rattle. I turned around to see what could have made the noise, but nothing looked out of the ordinary. So I phoned Mike at work just to have the reassurance of another adult voice. His response was, "it doesn't surprise me." Mike is a strong believer in ghosts/spirits (whatever you choose to call them) and always accounts for weird noises by saying that some deceased relative is checking up on us or on Bennett. After hanging up with Mike, I heard the noise again. I was now convinced that someone (perhaps Mamie) wanted to see what Bennett and I were up to, and was bumping into the Peek-a-Blocks in the process. Then I noticed which block had to be making the noise. It was a round one, with little tiny pebbles inside that rattle around when it rolls. There is a maze of plastic inside the ball that the pebbles can bump into and get stuck inside. And when the ball is not moving, the pebbles can dislodge themselves and make a rattling noise. Hmmmm... mystery solved. I kind of wish I hadn't figured it out though. It was almost nicer believing that there was someone I loved watching over me.
3 Comments:
I'm a strong believer in mice.
- Andrew
10:42 AM
I think I would have been happier to find the source of the noise...ghosts scare me even if I love them!
- Dana
5:44 AM
That's how I feel about roller coasters.
- Andrew
8:47 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home