Pictures as Promised
Okay, I've been promising pictures, so here they are. Actually, I'm feeling very stressed out tonight about the fact that my pictures are all in a chaotic mess and to sort them out (both digital and non - I thought it was bad enough when we only had one camera) seems much too overwhelming. Especially since we don't even have our own computer set up. So I don't know which digital pictures I've saved to our hard drive and which I haven't. Maybe I should just give up photo albums altogether and keep my pictures in a giant box. How often do I really look at the albums anyway? Or maybe I could just start drinking and then such things wouldn't seem quite so important. Yikes. I think that sounded really bad. Maybe it's time for bed. But really, aren't there more important things in life than whether or not my pictures are in exact order? Why have I convinced myself that one day Bennett is going to quiz me on exactly what date each picture was taken and scold me for not keeping them in better form? My pictures do not have to be as organized as a certain someone who will remain nameless, but who is even more fanatical about keeping their pictures in order than I am. Sorry, that's enough.... here are the pictures.

Bennett in his baseball cap about a week before Christmas.

Bennett with his cousin will, who just turned one on January 16th.

Bennett preparing to go out in the cold.

Bennett on Christmas day with his new giraffe!
Okay, now that I've got the pictures up I think I've just realized what is actually bothering me. I got a bunch of pictures developed today from Christmastime. And I wasn't really happy with most of them. I think it's not the fact that I can't keep my pictures in order that is stressing me out, but the fear that I won't get enough really good pictures of Bennett while he is this small. I'm scared that one day I'll forget what he looked like at this stage, and I won't have any good pictures to rely on as a reminder. And I'll wish that I'd taken more pictures while I had the chance. But the more pictures I take, the more there are to organize. Yikes! Jane, get me off this crazy thing.... called love. Maybe it's time to borrow Mom and Dad's video camera. Yes, I know, another form of picture taking which will also require categorizing. However, the result is always good - to see someone in action gives a much more accurate account of what they really are like. Okay, I'm now rambling. Off to bed. Harry Potter awaits.

3 Comments:
HEY! Don't blame me for your obsessions. I will admit I am totally obsessed with keeping all my photos in order and up to date, but I'M A PHOTOGRAPHER! And in fact, I do go back and look at my photo albums almost daily. But don't ever worry about not having enough good photos of Bennett...if I may toot my own horn, I've taken hundreds in his short life already & you're welcome to copies anytime you like. However, you may feel better just knowing that you can access them through me anytime you want without having to organize them yourself. Or we could all just have a drink!
Love,
Dana
10:49 AM
Very cute pictures by the way, do you really care exactly when you took them?
10:52 AM
Nice one, nutbar. Those pictures are ridiculously cute. The one with the hat makes me laugh every time I look at it.
I JUST used the expression "Jane, get me off this crazy thing" yesterday. Freaky. But I had completely forgotten about the Mike Myers addition. Good one.
- Andrew
4:46 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home