Happy Birthday Will!
Sorry, still no pictures to put up. Mike's been taking the camera to work every day, and I keep forgetting to download the pictures on it onto the computer at night.
Mike and I went by our house on the weekend to see how it was looking. I can't believe how much changes between visits. We now have drywall up inside, so it actually looks like a real house. We also have tubs in the bathrooms, but no toilets or sinks yet. They've started bricking the back of the house, and I imagine will do the front sometime this week. Pretty soon the outside will be done, and they'll just have to finish up inside - painting, carpeting, putting in cabinets... I am so excited to have a little piece of space to call our very own. It's a great feeling.
We're heading up to Mike's brother and sister-in-law's place tonight for our nephew William's first birthday. I can't believe it's been a year already since the day he was born. It makes me a little sad, cause it's got me to thinking about how quickly Bennett's birthday is going to roll around. And then it's back to work. It breaks my heart to think about leaving him to be cared for by someone other than Mike or myself. However, I'm thankful that I do shiftwork and will therefore only have to be gone for a couple of days a week. And I'm sure the time away will just make me appreciate my days with him that much more.
Bennett learned to say "dada" on Saturday. He practiced all weekend, much to Mike and my delight. I hope he keeps it up, cause it's very cute to hear. He learned to say "mama" about 2 months ago, but doesn't really say it much anymore now that he knows he can.
That's all the news for now. EJ.

2 Comments:
That's great about Bennett's new word!! Can't wait to hear him say it. Maybe we'll meet up at the library again this week?
Love
Dana
5:30 PM
Cutie! Does he say anything else? Is he babbling a lot? I love baby gibberish.
- Andrew
3:55 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home