Back to Business
Well, today was my first day back to work. I can't believe that a whole year has gone by since I left. I've been really anxious over the past week thinking about going back, and wondering what has changed at work, and not knowing if I will remember how to do things. Mostly I think I just don't deal very well with change, so such a big change can throw me for a loop. I was up this morning at 5 after a very restless sleep. Got to work much tooearly because I wasn't sure how long it would take me to drive in. I was buddied up with a very sweet and very smart nurse who I know a little, so we had a good day together. 12 hours actually go by quite quickly. I don't know how I'd get any work done there in only 8. I was amazed at how quickly the mechanical tasks came back to me. When I got home (about 14 1/2 hours after I left this morning) Bennett was in bed, but he was calling out "mama" over the monitor. So I went up to see him and read him a story and give him some snuggles. Boy what a clown he is. I don't think he wanted me to leave again, so he was doing his best to entertain me and get me giggling. He was making raspberry noises and trying to pull out my earrings and just being charming. It was nice to have some time to miss him. Thanks to Mike's mom for looking after him - it was nice to know that he would be having a fun day with Grandma and that I didn't have to worry about him at all.

1 Comments:
Oh Er, I'm so glad it went so well. What a sweet little boy!
Dana
8:13 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home